1911Charles Sheldon, age 35 a farm labourer, his wife Alice age 32 and daughter Edwina age 4
1891Pullmortar- is this Penlan ? It appears in the same place order as Penlan/Penylan
1891 Elizabeth Thomas age 68, and her sons John age 37, a bricklayers labourer, and Rees age 35, a general labourer.
1881Listed here as Penlan with 2 families in the dwelling
- John Jones age 42 a blacksmith, his wife Margaret age 43, father Rees Jones age 68, a farm labourer, and niece Mary Ann Davies age 20, a dressmaker.
- Ann Morgans unmarried age 58, a charwoman, her sons Thomas age 13, and Morgan age 11.
- Esther Morgan age 80, a widow and a stocking knitter, and her lodger Ann Jones age 68, also a stocking knitter.
- Mary Edwards age 75, a stocking knitter.
1861Listed as Penlan
- Joshua Price age 30, a tailor, his wife Elizabeth age 28, and daughter Mary age 1.
- Joan Thomas a widow age 79, a Stayer and her daughter Anne Jones age 38
Share your memories
If you have any memories, knowledge or images of Penylan which you would like to share with us then please click on the button below and fill out the form.