Llangammarch Wells Historical Society Logo
A snapshot of the Llangammarch Wells Sketch

Zone 9

This zone stretches along the Llangammarch/Cefn Gorwydd road from the bridge across the Dulais (just beyond the old schoolhouse) up to the Cefn Gorwydd crossroads

  • 6 Llys Y Felin

    Llys y Felin was completed in 2016 ...

    View details
  • 11 Sally's

    Sally's was renamed after one of its notable occupants. It had been known since 1901 as Cross Oaks Cottage ...

    View details
  • 12 Cross Oaks

    Cross Oaks was one of the original coaching inns. Known in early censuses as Derwencroes it was on the main coaching route from Builth to Llandovery. ...

    View details
  • 13 Gosen Chapel

    Gosen Chapel  ...

    View details
  • 14 Ty Capel / Chapel House

    ...

    View details
  • 15 Gwar Capel

    The current house named Gwar Capel was built in the 2000s on the site of the original house. ...

    View details
  • 16 The Old Post Office

    The Old Post Office (the Siop) and Pengardd do not appear until the 1871 census ...

    View details
  • 17 Pengardd

    This small cottage is attached to the former Post Office and general stores ...

    View details
  • 18 Penrhos 1

    This house appeared on the 1939 register as Llwyncelyn. ...

    View details
  • 19 Penrhos 2

    This is the centre sectoion of what was three cottages. ...

    View details
  • 20 Penrhos 3

    Penrhos 2 and Penrhos 3 are now one property ...

    View details
  • 21 Llanddewi

    Llanddewi first appears in the census records under its old name 'Tycwta' in 1851.Present-day Llanddewi is two houses joined together, with the curren ...

    View details
  • 22 Ty Canol

    Ty Canol first appeared in the UK census records in 1851. ...

    View details
  • 23 Pendre

    Pendre first appeared in the UK Census in 1861 ...

    View details
  • 24 Maes y Wawr

    Maes y Wawr was built in 1988 on land that had been owned by various people since 1877 ...

    View details
  • 27 Hillview

    Hillview was built in the 1980s on land previously owned by Llwyngweision (property no. 28) ...

    View details
  • 28 Llwyngweision

    Llwyngweision was a large farm in its early years. By the 2000's only the main house and a small patch of land remained ...

    View details
  • 29 Ysgubor Garreg

    The house was originally a cowshed built in 1883 and part of Llwyngwesion Farm. (Property 28) ...

    View details
  • 30 Caer Helem

    The house was originally a cowshed built in 1883 and part of Llwyngwesion Farm. (Property 28)The cowshed was converted between 1977 and 1994 to what ...

    View details
  • 31 Ty Croes

    Ty Croes was built in the 1950s with the last batch of bricks from the Cynghordy brickworks.It was built with demob money. ...

    View details
  • 32 Brodawel

    Built after the 1939 Register ...

    View details
  • 33 Pantoily

    Pantoily/ Pant Tyle is one of the oldest properties in Cefn Gorwydd ...

    View details